baby growth

Friday, January 29, 2010

39 weeks

39 Weeks. 1 week until my due date. How crazy is that! We went to the doctors yesterday. I am still the same as the last 2 weeks-still 1 cm dilated, still thin, and the baby’s head is still very low. So I am still waiting for contractions. The doctor moved some stuff around to try to get my body motivated-that was such a pleasant experience! I gained no weight this week. The doctor estimated the baby is about 7 lbs now. I woke up Thursday morning and decided I was sick of being pregnant. I am done. I am ready for the baby to come now. I am not sleeping well, I can’t breathe, and my feet are always swollen. I am just ready!

On Tuesday and Wednesday I was able to train the person who is taking my place during my leave. I am glad I had a chance to do this. I have a couple of difficult kids in my class that have little quirks that you just have to experience to understand. Now she is ready and is basically waiting for a phone call saying I am having the baby.

Sheetrock and mudding are done. The painter starts on Monday. I made Dana put my old glider in the attic so I can use my new one. I love it.

My next doctor appointment is on Friday, my actual due date. If my body hasn’t made some sort of progress by then, the doctor said we might have to look into scheduling something. He does not like to let anyone go 1 week past their due date.

Anyways, that’s it for now. Just waiting for my body to be ready. The waiting game has started…..

1 comment: