baby growth

Saturday, January 23, 2010

38 weeks

38 weeks, 1 day. I can’t believe I have only 2 weeks to go. It seemed like it took forever to reach the last month-now time is flying by. Did the 10 months actually happen? It is unreal to me that I could have this baby any day now. Dana and I went to the doctors yesterday. I am the same as last week-still 1 cm dilated, still thin, and the baby’s head is still very low. Just have to wait for those contractions. People keep giving me suggestions on how to make the baby come faster-I keep telling them I that I am not ready and need at least 1 more week. For some reason a snowmobile ride has come up multiple times. The doctor estimated Emma was about 6.3 lbs right now. Emma’s bag is all packed-and mine is except for the stuff I use on a day-top-day basis.

The sheetrock is all done. He put the last coat of mud on yesterday and just has to do the knockdown next. Then we have to clean, let to knockdown dry for 2 days, and paint. Then we can have Rene come in and do the flooring and trim in Makyla’s room. I really wanted to go with a lavender color for Makyla’s room. But when I showed everyone the bedding set I already purchased they said it would be too overwhelming. So now I am going with a pastel yellow color called Honey Pot. I really wanted purple, but I guess I will have to wait and do that in Emma’s room.

Someone has been officially hired for my position when I am out on leave. She will be coming in on Monday and Tuesday to shadow me in the classroom. I am glad-one less thing for me to worry about. By the time I am done class at 12:30 I am exhausted. I can no longer sit on the floor with the kids-it just hurts too much. I am retaining lots of water. My feet are swollen-I have cankles!

Today we are heading to Littleton to pick out the rest of the stuff for the house and of course heading to Walmart. Tomorrow will be a day to do stuff around the house. I can’t wait till the basement is finished. I can’t even use my new glider because I have no where to put the old one!

Anyways I think that is it for now. My next appointment is on Thursday. Hopefully my body will make some progress by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment