baby growth

Sunday, January 17, 2010

37 weeks

37 weeks, 2 days. I can’t believe the end is in sight. In a way I want to be done now, I have just been so tired and uncomfortable. Its hard to work with preschoolers when you are this pregnant. In another way, I just don’t feel that we are ready yet. The sheetrock is almost done, but there are still things to do. My house is a disaster. I went to the doctors on Friday. I gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks, but I have been retaining a lot of water, with my feet and hands swelling, so I am not worried about it. My belly measured 35 inches, so I don’t know where the 4 lbs went. I am dilated 1 cm (which you can be for months). The baby is very low and I am pretty thin. So I just have to wait for the contractions to help me dilate more. I had quite a few contractions on Saturday. They were randomly spaced out, so I am assuming they were Braxton hicks ones. Dana finished painting Emma’s bureau, so now her clothes are all put away. I made him finish it Saturday because I was feeling so crappy that I didn’t know if it was my body’s way of telling me to that I better be ready. But I have had no contractions today. My next doctors appointment is on Friday.

We had been looking for a new glider and we found one. We got a used Newport Glider for a really great price. My mom shampooed the cushions and it looks great. Now if I just had a place to put my old glider so I can start using my new one.

Dana’s next project is to work on the cradle.

Tomorrow is a holiday-yeppee. I am going to get my hair colored so I look beautiful when the baby comes. Hopefully I will be getting the car seat base installed in the truck. And a few other errands.

I am also trying to get advice from mom’s about what I should be bringing to the hospital. Let me know if you have any ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah.... I'd suggest to bring something simple for both you and the baby. You want everything to be easy to put on and comfy! If you are going to be nursing you may want to bring a nursing top. Also, bring snacks for Dana. :) The hospital will provide you with meals, drinks etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO close Sarah! I can't wait to see photos of little Emma when she finally comes! (Also, I just noticed that you have my blog to the right... too cool! I read your blog through my reader so I hadn't noticed until now.) :-D

    ReplyDelete